The text is for questions 1 to 3.
3 pound, whole fried chicken
6 to 8 cups of water
1 diced garlic clove
1 cup of sliced onion
1 cup of sliced celery
½ cup of sliced carrots
2 cup of chopped leeks
3 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of salt
Rinse the chicken. Place the chicken in a bowl and add vegetables, and enough water to cover them. Put the bowl into an oven and boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 90 minutes. Remove the chicken from the heat. Serve the steaming hot chicken, garnished with parsley, salt and ground black pepper.
1. What is the purpose of the text?
a. To describe about the chicken soup
b. To explain what the chicken soup is
c. To show how to make the chicken soup
d. To entertain the readers about the chicken soup
2. What do we do first after rinsing the chicken?
a. Put the bowl into an oven
b. Place the chicken in a bowl
c. Reduce heat to low and simmer
d. Add vegetable and enough water
3. “…, and enough water to cover them.”
What does the word “them” refer to?
a. Chicken and bowl
b. Vegetables and bowl
c. Vegetables and chicken
d. Bowl, chicken, and vegetabes
The text is for questions 4 to 6.
- Some strawberries
- Some grapes
- A banana
- A cup of yogurt
- Some mint leaves
- A knife
- A small bowl
1. Wash the fruit and let them dry on paper towels
2. Cut the strawberries and grapes in half on two slices
3. Slice the banana into chunks
4. Combine all the fruit in the large bowl and mix them
5. Take three spoonfuls of mixed fruit and put them in a small bowl
6. Add a bit of yoghurt on top of the fruit salad
7. Place a small bundle of mint leaves on the yogurt as a garnish
8. Sunrise salad is ready to serve
4. What is a small bowl for?
a. To put the combination of all fruit.
b. To place three spoonful of mixed fruit
c. To add some mixed fruit
d. To mix all the fruit
5. What should we do after we cut all the fruit?
a. Add a bit of yoghurt in it
b. Combine them in a large bowl
c. Garnish it with mint leaves
d. Serve it immediately
6. “Slice the banana into chunks” (step 3)
The underlined word means ….
a. Small pieces
b. Large amount
c. Thick pieces
d. Thin pieces
Read the following text to answer questions 7 to 11.
Making Colored Egg
- Hard boiled egg (cooled)
- Paper towels
- Food coloring
- Glass jar
1. Rinse eggs in cold water and dry it with paper towels. To make the dye, pour half a small bottle of food coloring into a glass jar and add 300 ml of hot water
2. Add 300 ml vinegar and 15 ml salt. Lower an egg into the jar of dye and leave it for a few minutes. Check the color of the egg regularly.
3. When the egg has reached the desire color, lift it out and repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
7. From the text above we get the information on ….
a. What coloring eggs are
b. How to make coloring eggs
c. Which the best coloring eggs
d. Where we can dry coloring eggs
8. What liquid do we need to make colored eggs?
c. Glass jar
d. Paper towel
9. We use paper towels to ….
a. Dry eggs
b. Rinse eggs
c. Repeat the process
d. Pour the food coloring
10. “Lower an egg into the jar of dye and ….”
What does the underlined word means?
11. “Add 300 ml vinegar and 15 ml salt. Lower an egg into the jar of dye and leave it for a few minutes”
What does the word “it” refer to?
The text below is for questions 12 to 14.
Making fried banana or Making pisang goreng is very easy. First you need some good bananas and some frying oil. You can slice the bananas into thin slices, then fry them in very hot oil until they turn brown. If you like, you can sprinkle some sugar on top. Otherwise, roll the bananas in flour before you fry them.
12. The main idea of the paragraph is ….
a. Making fried banana is very easy
b. You can slice the bananas into thin slices
c. Roll the bananas in flour before you fry them
d. Fry bananas in very hot oil until they turn brown
13. The text above talks about ….
a. You need some good bananas
b. Fry bananas in very hot oil until brown
c. Making fried banana or making pisang goreng
d. If you like sprinkle some sugar on top of bananas
14. The suitable title of the text above is ….
a. How to frying bananas
b. How to make fried banana
c. How to roll the bananas in flour
d. How to slice the bananas into thin slices